Made this simple steak recipe for our Valentine’s dinner.
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- Mixed herbs
- ½ bottle of red wine
- 150g button mushroom, sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 pieces of steak
- some spring onions (optional)
- a bunch of asparagus
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Put the steaks in a huge bowl or plastic container if you like.
- Pour in olive oil, red wine, ½ bulb of garlic that we’ve minced, some mixed herbs and black pepper.
- Mix them together.
- Leave it in the fridge for ½ to 1 hour
Stir Fry Asparagus
- Cut the asparagus into smaller pieces.
- Heat up your wok.
- Pour some olive oil into the wok.
- Stir fry the garlic until it turns golden brown.
- Add in the asparagus and stir.
Red Wine Sauce
- Heat up a pot.
- Put in the butter.
- Fry the onions in the pot.
- Pour in the wine and stir for 10 minutes.
- Put in the mushrooms. If you want a more creamier tastem add more butter.
- Put in spring onion if you like.
- Take out the marinated steak from the fridge.
- Heat up non stick pan.
- Cook the steak for about 15 minutes if you prefer medium rare.
Putting It All Together
- Once you’re happy with your steak, put it on a plate.
- Pour the wine sauce on your steak
- Finally, put your stir fried asparagus next to your steak and enjoy